Model Casting 101
Weekend Workshop | Saturday 3rd of November
Ever wondered what a Casting Director actually does? Interested in overseeing your own fashion show, exhibition or film? Or want to try your hand at modelling yourself?
Come and learn the basics of industry model casting in this fun weekend workshop. This workshop will give you the essentials to go out and cast for different briefs including runway, fashion film, editorial and catalogue. For those interested in modelling yourself, this course will get you unprecedented insight into how the Casting Director actually thinks, and help you assess casting situations from an industry perspective.
What we cover
Over the workshop you will learn:
- Roles and responsibilities
- The agent vs. the casting agent
- What to expect from your agent and what they should expect of you
- Comp cards, folios and digis
- What are they and how do I get them?
- Different forms of casting
- Streetcasting, TFP, agents (freelance and agency)
- Types of castings
- Editorial, runway, print, TV, bit parts
- Camera techniques
- Feeling comfortable being yourself
- Deals, contracts, non-negotiabls
- Call sheets and production processes
Prior Skills & Preparation
No prior skills necessary!
This course is designed for anyone interested in the casting process. This is a great course for aspiring models, and will help you understand how to get jobs and get paid. It is also invaluable insight into the industry for those looking to explore casting roles, show production and more.