Introduction to Fashion Design
4-Weeks | Tuesday, 6.00PM – 9.00PM | 5th February - 26th February
Interested in the fashion design process? Ever dreamt of creating your own garments or having your own line?
Join us for a four-week evening short course and learn the ins and outs of the fashion design process. Explore how colour theory impacts garment creations, learn the techniques of fashion illustration and create your own designs in relation to an industry brief.
Design principles underpin every item of clothing you wear. Learn the skills and techniques to create beautiful clothes and hone your illustration techniques whilst you're at it!
Course available at both Melbourne and Sydney campuses!
What we cover
Over the four weeks you will learn:
- Colour theory
- Explore how colour theory impacts the entire design process
- Elements and principles of design
- Delve into concepts that drive good design, including balance, rhythm, proportion, harmony, contrast and more
- Fashion illustration techniques
- Learn the tricks to effortless drawing
- Apply colour and fabric techniques to your illustrations
- How to design to an industry brief
Prior Skills & Preparation
No prior skills necessary!
This course is designed for anyone interested in the design process. Combo offers with Introduction to Pattern Making & Garment Construction available. Commit to two evenings a week and consolidate your design and creation skills!