Introduction to Pattern Making and Garment Construction
4-Weeks | Thursday, 6.00PM – 9.00PM | 11th October – 1st November
Ever wanted to create your own clothes? Are you interested in sewing your own creations?
Our four-week introductory course will give you the skills needed to start bringing your own designs to life. Explore the process of converting your designs into patterns and constructing your own masterpiece.
Upon completion of this course, you will create your very own skirt!
The course fee is inclusive of all materials needed.
What we cover
Over the four weeks you will learn:
- To use a sewing machine for fashion design
- Develop patterns from a block using basic pattern-making principles
- Select appropriate blocks and develop a variety of pattern styles using technically correct principles of pattern-making
- Explore the role of toiles in the construction process
- Understand the different types of fabric used in construction
- Construct your own skirt!
Prior Skills & Preparation
No prior skills necessary!
This course is designed for anyone interested in the design process. Combo offers with Introduction to Pattern Making & Garment Construction available. Commit to two evenings a week and consolidate your design and creation skills!